2nd-4th Grade Tap
The quickest way for a student to learn rhythm, musicality and to "hear" the music is through a Tap class. Students create sounds and rhythms while learning to be aware of their classmates so their sounds appear to come from one. Students enrolled in Tap class will learn both Traditional Tap and Rhythm Tap.
Class Key Features and Benefits:
- Technical skills in center floor and across-the-floor are introduced and drilled
- Choreography is taught and reviewed at the end of class to challenge dancer retention
- Technical difficulty is increased throughout the year as dancers master current skills
- Class Observation without disruption through Closed Circuit Television
- Class performs in both the winter and spring recitals
*Leotard, or form fitting tank/tee in Black, Eggplant/Plum, Turquoise.
*Tight crops/long sports bras in above colors may be worn, but only with high waisted bottoms.
*Booty shorts, form fitting capris or leggings in Black may be worn.
*Tights should be worn under anything where the legs are exposed.
*A thin long sleeve shirt may be worn in the cooler months in the above colors.
*Tan Mary Jane/U-Shell style tap shoes.
*Hair should be secured out of the face (long hair in a pony tail, braid or bun and short hair pulled back with a headband or barrettes - long bangs should be secured with headband, barrettes or bobby-pins).
*Solid tee in Black, Turquoise or White
*Black shorts or straight leg exercise pants/sweatpants.
*Black Oxford style tap shoes.
Any color tap shoe may be worn to class.
Tap 2nd-4th Grade Schedule:
|Class Id||Class Name||Class Start Date||Class Start Time||Class Length||Class Ends||Instructor(s)||Age Range||Openings||Action|
|2-4T||Tap 2nd-4th Grade||20220915174500Thursday, September 15, 2022||202209151745005:45 PM||30 minutes||20230518181500Thursday, May 18, 2023||Erica Lovegreen||7 - 10||8||Enroll|