2nd-5th Grade Hip Hop/Street Dance
2nd-5th Grade for the 2022-2023 year
Junior Hip Hop/Street Dance starts with a thorough warm up, then smoothly transitions into strengthening the core muscels necessary for body control and proper technique. After a proper warm up we will introduce basic Hip Hop technique and discuss the origins of Hip Hop and the four major elements (deejaying, rapping, grafitti and B-boying). Choreography for the class will be more Street Dance focused until dancers have a good understanding of Hip Hop culture.
Class Key Features and Benefits:
- Student to Teacher/Assistant ratio is 5-1 or less
- Parent Participation days throughout each semester
- Class observation without class distruption through Closed Circuit Television
- This class performs in both the winter and spring recitals
- Clean and family friendly music is used in class
- Dancers' performance across different techniques should improve from performance drills practiced in class
*Comfortable clothing, elastic waisted bottoms (no jeans), and clean tennis shoes only worn indoors.
*If loose/short fitting tops are worn by girls, a full coverage sports bra, leotard or tank must be worn underneath for modesty during tricks.
*Hair should be secured out of the face (long hair in a pony tail, braid or bun and short hair pulled back with a headband or barrettes - long bangs should be secured with headband, barrettes or bobby-pins).
Hip Hop/Street Dance 2nd-5th Grade Schedule:
|Class Id||Class Name||Class Start Date||Class Start Time||Class Length||Class Ends||Instructor(s)||Age Range||Openings||Action|
|2-5HH||Hip Hop/Street Dance 2nd-5th Grade||20220912164500Monday, September 12, 2022||202209121645004:45 PM||30 minutes||20230515171500Monday, May 15, 2023||Brianna Marten||7 - 11||7||Enroll|